Give yourself time, time and more time…
1. Before you even start hitting the shops, think about the style/theme of your wedding, is it in a church? The time of year, summer v winter wedding? Go online, flick through wedding dress magazines, look at photos from your friends and family weddings. You may not know the style you are looking for yet, but I bet you know the dresses you know like.
2. Become familiar with wedding dress terms i.e. necklines, trains, veils, off the shoulder, empire line etc
3. Set a budget and stick to it
4. Count back from your wedding date…how long does it take a dress to be custom made, altered or buy off the rack
5. The big moment…try it on. Bring your mum/ aunt and only closest friends you trust.
Trust yourself, you need to feel comfortable wearing it all day. Happy wedding dress shopping!